The tax agent must be something more than the professional who is use to paying fewer taxes, since the agent who makes his client pay less to the treasury is not always better, because on many occasions if that lower payment does not comply with tax laws, the consequences for the taxpayer can be very costly and tortuous in the long run.
According to article 305 of the Penal Code, all conducts in which the amount of the defraud quota, the amount not paid from the withholdings or payments on account or from the refunds or tax benefits unduly obtain or enjoy exceeds 120,000 shall be consider a tax offense. euros and the taxpayer may sentence to prison terms of between 1 to 5 years, apart from the pecuniary fine, which will be at least equal to the amount defraud with a maximum of up to 6 times that amount.
The good Tax Agent in Melbourne will always seek to optimize the tax burden of his client, but always within the law, avoiding risks that end up creating serious disruption to his clients, who in many cases also see their public image undermine since they are known to all cases of celebrities who have to enter prison for their problems with the Treasury.
10 functions that a tax advisor should know and perform
Within tax advice there are various types of advisers, from those who are limit to completing tax settlements, to those who offer a comprehensive advisory service, getting involve in the smooth running of their client’s business. The functions that an advisor who wants to offer his clients a comprehensive advisory service must perform are the following:
- Tax advice and planning within the framework of tax regulations and in defense of the interests of taxpayers.
- Provide information, assistance and representation to taxpayers in their relations with the Tax Administration , in order to enforce the rights of taxpayers against the Public Treasury in the different tax management and inspection procedures.
- Compare and manage information and knowledge on tax matters, through the use and management of tax databases , such as Normacef and other telematic tools to achieve the establish objectives.
- Analyze the legal-tax reality to choose the best solutions to certain problems , making optimal decisions within the establish deadlines.
- Completion of tax settlements in a timely manner.
- Provide taxpayers, whether they are natural or legal persons, a detail analysis of the tax regulations and of the interpretation and administrative action applicable to the specific casuistry object of the advice.
- Identify the tax responsibilities relate to the incorrect qualification of operations and non-compliance with formal and material tax obligations.
- Advice in relation to the taxable event of customs duties , through knowledge of its regulation in general, and in particular about the special regulation of the different suspensive customs regimes.
- Advice on local taxes and those assign to the autonomous communities , in order to apply a tax optimization methodology for the taxpayer.
- Carrying out adequate tax planning in relation to the transfer of assets and rights of taxpayers , the succession of natural persons or the structure and composition of personal assets.