CIBIL score is a term commonly used when assessing the creditworthiness of an individual. For financial institutions and banks, your CIBIL score is measured when your loan application is assessed. As a result, it is very important to get a free CIBIL score check and know how this score gets measured, and if you have a low CIBIL score, then it is also necessary to know how to improve your score.
What is the CIBIL score?
In your credit history, there exists a three-digit numeric summary, and this summary is the CIBIL score. Your CIBIL report contains a section of accounts and inquiries that provides information related to your credit history. Some factors are proportional to your CIBIL score, which consists of your credit card or loan account, the number of days past for balances, payment status, etc. These aspects are utilized in calculating your CIBIL score, which plays a significant part in your finances.
Based on your information concerning repayment and borrowing history, this score displays your worth of receiving a loan. The higher your CIBIL score, the higher your chance of accepting your loan application. However, the lower your score is, the less your chance of getting your application accepted on favorable terms.
Checking CIBIL score using PAN card
Your CIBIL score can be checked using your PAN card since your PAN is linked with your bank accounts, tax payments, etc., which assists in quickly retrieving your data. You can have your free CIBIL score checked once a year, and you can check your CIBIL score many times, but that requires a fee. Follow the steps below to get a free CIBIL score check through your PAN card.
- Log in to the CIBIL portal, and then on the top right corner, you need to click on the option of “Get your CIBIL score.”
- Upon clicking, you will get to subscription alternatives, and to get to the free option, you will have to scroll down.
- You must create your account by including your name, password, ID proof, pin code, date of birth, and phone number. Once this information has been correctly put, you can click on the option “Accept and continue.”
- The next step is verifying your identity. You can do it by entering the OTP you will receive on your registered number and then pressing “Continue.”
- It will confirm enrollment by opening a new window and a confirmation email.
- To check your free CIBIL score, you have to click on the option of “Go to dashboard.”
- After this, it will open another page where you can view your available CIBIL report and CIBIL score.
Significance of PAN Card for Checking CIBIL Score
Your Permanent Account Number or PAN is entirely different and separate from your CIBIL score, and it is an identification number provided to Indian citizens. The importance of the PAN number comes from the reason it prevents tax avoidance and acts as an identification document. Further, your PAN number is already connected to your income source, making it easier for lenders to assess your ability to repay the loan. The PAN number is individual, and no two people have the same number. And, in the case of misplacement of your PAN card, another is issued with the same number.
Your CIBIL score is a significant part of whether you will be able to avail of loans or not. As a result, you would also need to check your CIBIL score and report to know whether you need to improve it. You can check your free CIBIL score using your PAN card, but you can also check it through other means, such as the CIBIL score app.