Changing your Apple ID is feasible without erasing your data, photos, apps, or subscriptions. The methods to change your Apple ID on your iPhone or iPad are listed below.
Change Apple ID On iPhone or iPad
Users of Apple devices frequently worry that changing your Apple ID might result in the loss of their data, photos, music, books, and subscriptions.
However, Apple does let users to switch their Apple IDs, which essentially results in the transfer of all their data, music, books, subscriptions, and other associated goods from their old to new Apple IDs.
You need an email address that has never been used to create an iCloud or iTunes account in order to alter your Apple ID.
Also Read: How do I get rid of that account that is locked iCloud Bypass ?
1. Change Apple ID on iPhone or iPad
Change your Apple ID on your iPhone or iPad by following the steps below.
- Click on your Apple ID in Settings.
- Select Name, Phone Numbers, and Email from the Apple ID screen.
- Select the Edit option next to “Contactable” or “REACHABLE AT” on the next screen.
- Click the little “-” icon next to your Apple ID.
- After that, click the Delete option that has just shown.
- Tap Continue when the “Choose another address” pop-up appears.
- You could now be asked to enter your current Apple ID password or prove your identity by responding to two Security Questions.
- Enter your New Email Address and select next on the following screen.
- Apple will now send your new email address a verification code. Go to your email to obtain the verification code, then input it on the next screen.
Your Apple ID will update after your email has been validated.
Also Read: How to change Apple ID on iPhone, iPad, Mac, or Windows
2. Change Apple ID on iPhone, iPad Using Safari
On the “Manage your Apple ID” page on the iPhone, iPad, Mac, or Windows PC, you may easily alter your Apple ID.
- On your iPhone, use the Safari browser and navigate to https://appleid.apple.com
- Use your current Apple ID and password to sign in to your Apple Account.
- After logging in, select the Account tab.
- Select the Change Apple ID… option that is just beneath your existing Apple ID on the next page.
- Enter the New Email Address you want to use for your Apple ID and click the Next button on the next screen.
- After you click Next, Apple will email the aforementioned Email Address a six-digit verification number.
- Retrieve the verification code from your email account and enter it in the pop-up box before selecting “Verify.”
Your Apple ID will be modified after your email has been validated, and you may then start using the New Apple ID.
Also Read: Apple not planning on merging the iPad and Mac, says Greg Joswiak
Things to Do After Changing Apple ID
It’s crucial to update your New Sign-in information with the App Store, iTunes, Books, Messages, and Find My iPhone after updating your Apple ID.
Simply sign in to the service using your new Apple ID and Passcode to update your sign-in information for any Apple service.
You must first log out of the service if you are currently logged in with your Old Apple ID and then sign in again using your New Apple ID and New Passcode.