Bathrooms are an important part of the premise and also one of the most visited by the people. Whether it is a residential or a commercial bathroom, it should be clean. The main reason for keeping the bathroom is simple. It is the place for human excretion and hence it has to be free of germs. Dirt and germs become the breeding ground for infections and the main aim of bathroom cleaning is to keep the area away from unhygienic conditions.
Hence, it is an essential step to keep the area clean. How about having a bathroom on your premise where you want to go often? It is only possible if you take extra effort or go an extra mile to keep it clean. Believe me, bathroom cleaning can become simple if you indulge in regular cleaning of the same. If you consider it as a weekly or bi-weekly affair, then the effort will be a wholesome and laborious one too. So, become smart and involve simple hacks to keep your bathroom beaming with cleanliness.
Here are a couple of tips that will help you to clean the bathroom smartly and effortlessly:
- Always consider starting cleaning from top to bottom. The reason for this is simple. If you clean the bottom first and then head for the top area of the room; dirt will again fall on the clean bottom. Hence, you will have to clean the bottom area again. So, it is better to start cleaning from top to bottom.
- Ensure that you take all the stuff outside before starting the task as it will aid in better cleaning without any hamper. As all the toiletries and bottles will be out of the bathroom, it will become easier for the person to accomplish the task.
- For an effective cleaning drive, ensure that every part of the bathroom is cleaned.
- Keep a brush that has an extended arm or a long handle ready with you. This will help you to reach difficult areas like corners easily. In this way, you can ensure that every nook and corner of the bathroom is cleaned. Cobwebs can be effectively removed with such cleaning aids.
- Also, you have to be ready with other cleaning agents and aids like gloves, brushes, cleaning spray bottles, cloth dusters, etc. These serve as equipment that can help in the effective cleaning of the bathroom.
This article will acquaint you with the effective tips to clean the bathroom:
Lemon is one of the easily available ingredients in your kitchen shelf with extraordinary skills to do the cleaning task. It can allow you to complete the hack of bathroom cleaning most effectively, especially if you have hard water stains in your bathroom. Hard water leaves stains on showerheads and taps that look disgusting. Simply rubbing lemon on these areas can help to achieve the desired results. The juice of lemon acts as a bleaching agent that helps to get rid of unwanted stains.
- Baking Soda
Another powerful ingredient that is easily found on the kitchen shelves is baking soda. Make a thick paste of baking soda and scrub the tiles with it. You can use the paste on the washbasin/sink and allow it to sit for a couple of minutes and then rinse with water. You will be surprised to see the results.
It is difficult to ignore the goodness of vinegar when it comes to bathroom cleaning. Vinegar can be combined with borax powder to get effective results. Talk ½ cups each of borax powder and vinegar in 2 cups of warm water. Then pour the mixture on the affected area and let it sit for 10 minutes before scrubbing and wiping with a clean cloth. You will see the results for yourself and spot the difference easily.
You can mix vinegar and baking soda with water to make a thick paste. It is an effective mixture to clean the grout. Using an old toothbrush to scrub the paste on the grout. Then rinse it with clean water and the grout will appear clean.
Ammonia is an effective ingredient to clean the scum and water spots. Bathroom surfaces have ceramic tiles, glass fibre, acrylic shower units, and tubs that get dull with time due to calcium and scum built-up. Take 1 cup ammonia and ¼ cup baking soda in 2 litres of warm water. Apply the solution on the affected areas of the bathroom surfaces and allow it to sit for 15 minutes. Then clean the mixture with a scrubber and wipe with a cloth.
Rust stains are very common in the bathroom due to moisture. Hard Water also results in rust stains on tubs, commodes, sinks, etc. Squeeze a bit of toothpaste and take an old toothpaste to rub on the stains. Once you wipe the mixture away, you will find impressive results.
The tips mentioned above are extremely helpful in getting the desired results. The bathroom cleaninghacks are tried and tested and thus will not disappoint you in any way. Plus it will save you from buying expensive cleaning agents for the purpose. All the ingredients are inexpensive and easy to find in your kitchen. If you ensure to clean your bathroom on a regular basis, then you will save yourself the extra and laborious/stressful effort of bathroom cleaning.