It appears very easy to conduct door-to-door sales, right? All you need to do is send a few individuals out into the field to start working your magic. It might be that easy if you have workforce management software. In that case, no!
We only exist in our highly digitalised environment if we generate sales. If not, we don’t. As a result, you will need the necessary field force management software to manage your salespeople and their product appropriately. Wondering how? Learn from this article together!
How Door-to-door Sales Suffer Without Workforce Management Software?
We’ve covered a few difficulties managers and salespeople encounter when conducting door-to-door business in this section.
- Attendance Marking: Without a clear system in place, it is challenging for executives to record their attendance on the job site. Without a validated attendance management system, it can be difficult for managers to believe in executives.
- Task management: Without a good briefing, how can executives know what duties they need to complete? How can managers determine whether executives have reviewed and finished their work? These are a few serious drawbacks of manual job management.
- Document handling: With all the papers executives may need to carry, handling documents on the go is a major problem. Additionally, there is always a chance that delicate organizational records will be lost or handled improperly.
- Operations that are Confusing: The incoherence of management is one of the major problems that executives may encounter in the field. This most frequently occurs when communication channels, task management, attendance management, and tracking systems are all on different platforms. Anyone can find using numerous programs to be very complicated and time-consuming.
- Roaming and Deviating: Managers are free to impose as many rigid sales targets as they like. Executives will delay if they so want. It is difficult to determine which executives are genuinely working and which aren’t without the right tracking tools.
- Handling Records: A further difficulty for managers is when they are unable to handle the records of each executive in the least perplexing manner conceivable. Managing the files of hundreds of CEOs is simply not feasible, and neither is not retaining secure copies of their authenticated paperwork.
- Managing Progress: Each manager is required to provide progress reports to their executives. Executives would be unable to identify their strengths and weaknesses, which would impede their ability to advance professionally. These reports require assistance from the managers.
How Field Force Management Software Helps
It’s easy to list problems, right? To begin with, there are so many that it is extremely simple. Even while manual task and attendance management used to be the norm, it is difficult to continue doing so today that teams are bigger and the door-to-door sales sector has had an exponential growth.
This post does not just seek to outline the issues you need to address. Instead, we also want to discuss how a strong field force management tool can help you address issues with your door-to-door sales staff.
Location handling With Field Force Management Software
- Fault-free Attendance: Attendance that can be verified visually while simultaneously being geocoded is possible with field force management software. Because it enables you to keep track of the current status of the batteries in your executives’ phones, workforce management software is the finest option for your business.
- Live Tracking: Monitoring the whereabouts of your executives in real-time is a great way to keep tabs on their output. You can feel at ease knowing that your work is being done when you are aware of the whereabouts of executives in real-time. Additionally, employees experience a sense of accountability due to the fact that they are being watched.
- Employee History: Using employee history, managers can quickly determine whether an executive has been wasting time or not performing to their full capacity. The same holds true for effective executives. Retrospective record-checking is beneficial!
- Complete Georeporting: Using field force management software, you can always find out where executives are by using confirmed data rather than hearsay. Everything has geocoded verification, including tasks, attendance, communications, and paperwork.
Communication With Workforce Management Software
- Built-in Chatboxes: With workforce management software, you can communicate with your staff using only one app. A field force management software’s built-in chat rooms assist you in monitoring manager and executive communication to prevent misunderstandings.
- Task Allocation: Managers can determine which executives are appropriate for which jobs using locational information and thorough profiling. Moreover, the software helps make scheduling much more flexible because both managers and executives have authority over their work.
- Better Reports: Any workforce management software that offers informative reports makes your life easier. Executives no longer need to be concerned about not obtaining enough feedback, and managers no longer need to be concerned about producing those reports manually.
Organize Your team WIth Workforce Management Software
- Better Documentation: Digital documentation is now quite simple with the correct workforce management system. Executives will benefit from not having to take as much paperwork with them when they travel.
- Custom Fields and Forms: Sales executives frequently need to gather a lot of data about all the sales they’ve made. However, the majority of this data must be altered to meet the client’s demands. Employing workforce management software allows leaders to oversee the fewest items directly on the ground.
- Dual App: It’s crucial to keep managers’ and executives’ feature sets distinct. If both parties make use of the same app, this confusion might not be possible to be avoided. As a result, effective field force management software has two interfaces: one for managers and the other for employees.
Improve Door-to-door Sales With Field Force Management Software
There is no efficient method to manage a team of field workers, particularly a team of door-to-door salespeople, without field force management software. Trying to do so is antiquated and won’t get much more from your sales team.
Keep field employee management software like TrackoField in mind the next time you wonder why your sales team might not be doing as well as it should. The more features and data you can access through software rather than through human labour, the more time you’ll have for planning!